≡ Menu

Learn to let it go

Remember when I said hubby’s new work schedule was the best thing that ever happened to us. Well, it’s taking a toll on me, and I need to figure out a better morning routine. Never have I felt the need to rush my kids into getting ready so quickly.  Perhaps the later sunrise is making my kids wake up later or because it’s not as hot they are comfortable sleeping longer. Who knows? I just have less time getting them ready for the day which makes the mornings pretty CRAZY! Today was the perfect example – I had to put 12-24 month old tights on my almost 4 year old because we couldn’t find her tights. The crotch was basically to her knees so I had to hike them up big time. I asked if she was uncomfortable, and it didn’t seem like she even knew there was an issue. Whew!

I need to figure out a way to get a handle on the mornings but also learn to let things go. If I can’t brush her teeth in the morning, so what. If she wears her hair in a messy ponytail, so what. If I forget her library book bag on her library outing day, so what! You get the point. I gotta just breathe and let it go. Just like I have to let it go that I’m not throwing them a birthday party this year…

Although I decided to forego the joint party with their friends, it’s making me want to do something extra special for them that Thanksgiving weekend. The little one absolutely loves balloons and screams in the car every time we pass the car dealership because the dealership is lined with balloon arches. Funny girl. I might have to just fill the whole living room with balloons and add gold balloons like below.

My oldest loves a good hide and seek game or find the clue game, so I thought it would be fun to have some sort of treasure hunt for her to play with her cousins so they can help read the clues to her.  At the end of the game, I’ll have presents for all of them to open!

Pinterest always comes to the rescue! Follow Me on Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

12 comments… add one

• lilsprinkles October 17, 2012, 5:22 am

Omg…I die! Hilarious! Lay everything out the night before…backpack, clothes, toothpaste on toothbrush, etc. Don’t need to think about anything in the morning. Aw…I’m a lil sad for L not having a party :( We’ll have to go to a fun place to eat! Big sis

• lilsprinkles October 17, 2012, 2:44 pm

i do lay everything out! sometimes l is just slow to cooperate. takes forever to dress her and brush her hair!!!

• pary October 17, 2012, 6:44 am

:) we’re not doing a bday party either. He’s 2! Like he’ll care! Ap dresses the boys in am and sometimes they look just absolutely ridiculous but I have zero time to care about anything else but make sure my teeth are brushed. And is his name really bando?

• lilsprinkles October 17, 2012, 2:45 pm

OMG i was laughing at that picture you sent me!!! i do feel quite funny doing that exercise move :-)

• Amenda October 17, 2012, 10:09 pm

you are such a good mother…

• lilsprinkles October 18, 2012, 4:33 am

I get your approval? hehe thx

• rose October 17, 2012, 11:30 pm

you know you’ve completely lost it if you ever drop your kids off at school in your pjs!! until then, i’m convinced that we totally have it together. i’m gonna try not to sweat the little things either…like lunchables!!

• lilsprinkles October 18, 2012, 4:35 am

I’ll forever remember P going to target to buy stockings…haha would we have done that?…

• Hanna October 18, 2012, 7:18 am

You are a supermom. I am not just saying that because you are my friend. Fighting!

• lilsprinkles October 18, 2012, 2:43 pm

haha thx. you should be the one talking. having a 1 mo old + 2 toddlers and still manages to find time to gym it. geeeeezzz..makes me feel like i need to step up my exercising woman!!!

• Christine Pak October 18, 2012, 5:31 pm

This is probably the best but hardest lesson I’ve learned so far! So hard to let go, but when you do…it’s not that bigga deal. haha, you’re a super mommy! your girls and your hubby are lucky. did i ever tell you gerry calls you guys the cute family…won included :)

• lilsprinkles October 19, 2012, 6:16 pm

i know so not a biggie. haha thx c!